SAP S/4HANA Business Partner Workflow
Promenta’s SAP S/4HANA Business Partner Workflow solution enables a web based, audited and reportable process for vendor and customer master creation, changes and extensions in S/4HANA.
Easy to use for both singular and mass data processes.
Promenta’s SAP S/4HANA Business Partner Workflow is a web-based, audited, and reportable solution, enabling automation, compliance and control for all vendor and customer master processes. It deploys and runs inside S/4HANA and integrates with your existing SAP rules, transactional validation and security model. Promenta works with a fully validated virtual vendor and customer record, including external attachments, which is then cleanly created in SAP S/4HANA when all multi-team data entry and approvals are in place. A high level of data integrity is ensured, at every stage of the process, through transactional simulation. Flexible approval routing is possible at multiple approval levels. All SAP vendor and customer fields are supported. Book a demo to find out more about SAP S/4HANA Business Partner Workflow!
SAP S/4HANA Business Partner Workflow – Explainer Video
This explainer video provides and overview of SAP S/4HANA Business Partner Worklfow, using Vendor Master Data as an example (4 mins)
Why Promenta SAP S/4HANA Business Partner Workflow?
- Digitize all SAP S/4HANA Vendor and Customer Master data changes
- Automate SAP Vendor and Customer Master Workflow with a multi-team, streamlined, compliant web based process
- Create, change, extend, block, unblock
- Powerful vendor and customer search capability and duplication checking
- Highly configurable user interface enabling your exact Teams and Fields within each process
- Multiple vendor and customer attachments can be included in requests (saved in SAP S/4HANA against the Business Partner Account)
- Full update simulation against SAP rules, before each team can submit/approve the request
- Flexible workflow routing capability using any meaningful field in the request (Account Group, Company Code, Purchasing Organization, Sales Org, Country etc.)
- Automatic Business Partner update within SAP S/4HANA on final approval
- Ability to setup approval substitutes and forward requests
- Email notifications and “team inbox” capability
- Comprehensive audit and real-time process reporting (including process ageing by team)
- Ability to optionally remove direct access to the S/4HANA Business Partner transaction code from end users
- Promenta runs 100% inside your own S/4HANA system (on-premises) (SAP Certified Partner Product). No cloud or external server integration required.
SAP S/4HANA Business Partner Workflow – Audited & Reportable Approvals
The Promenta SAP S/4HANA Business Partner Workflow solution comes with built in workflow software, which is highly configurable to accommodate your own rules. Workflows route automatically to designated data maintainers and approvers, according to meaningful fields in the request such as account group, company code, purchasing organization, sales organization (and more). Approvers are notified by email and can also access their own personal inbox to maintain data and/or approve requests. Where applicable, approvers can set up substitute approvers when they are out of office and forward requests to authorized colleagues.
SAP Workflow Approval Routing Rules
The workflow routing rules – sometimes called the approval matrix – defines who your approvers are according to your process. Promenta allows you to define anything from very simple one-step approvals to multi-team, multi-step, multi-level approvals, based on all kinds of data. We will collaborate with your project team to ensure a smooth translation of your exact workflow routing needs and Approval Groups, into our Promenta SAP S/4HANA Business Partner Workflow configuration tool. When this has been defined, Promenta has a powerful SAP based transaction, which gives full audited control to your own in-house teams, to assign users in and out of your designated Approval Groups.
SAP S/4HANA Business Partner Workflow – Reporting
Promenta provides a comprehensive process reporting capability delivering full transparency on all vendor and customer master activity. Your process controllers, purchasing, sales and master data teams will know exactly which vendor and customer requests have been fully approved, updated and completed and which are still pending approval and update in SAP. In addition to process reporting Promenta provides a real-time reportable audit trail of all users who have approved or rejected a specific vendor or customer request, providing all the information that your auditors require to prove you are running a well-planned and controlled process. All of this real-time reporting is available securely from within your SAP S/4HANA system itself.
SAP S/4HANA Business Partner Workflow Compliance
SAP S/4HANA Business Partner Workflow Compliance
SAP S/4HANA Business Partner Workflow compliance is often a key driver for our clients in implementing Promenta, which enables a consistent, rule based, controlled process for all vendor and customer master changes. Promenta enables compliance in these key areas:
- End to end, fully audited, vendor and customer data entry and approval process, with full audit trail preserved inside Promenta, within SAP. All users involved in requesting and approving the vendor or customer request are audited and are fully reportable from within SAP S/4HANA using Promenta reporting tools
- Enforcement of segregation of duties (SOD), whereby a requester cannot approve their own request, unless of course the rules allow it, for specific pre-defined types of request
- Only authorized SAP S/4HANA users who are allowed to make requests can do so for specific parts of the business
- Opportunity to remove the powerful SAP S/4HANA Business Partner transaction code from end users in your SAP system, supporting Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) compliance initiatives
Promenta SAP S/4HANA Integration
All Promenta solutions are fully integrated with and deploy into your own SAP S/4HANA systems. In fact they run inside the SAP S/4HANA system itself, using the same technologies that SAP uses.
Promenta is a SAP Certified partner product which runs inside SAP ECC, SAP S/4HANA (1609 onwards), CRM 7.0 and integrates with SAP Fiori. It is also possible for Promenta to communicate externally outside of SAP, using web service technology, if there is a requirement to do so. Ask Promenta about our use cases in this area.
Installation & Servers
Promenta can be installed into your SAP S/4HANA system in less than one day. It does not require any additional servers or any increased server capacity.
No cloud servers or external connections are required.
Your data is not stored by Promenta - it stays in your SAP systems, fully under your control.